ONION TACOS: Dora's Corner: Butterflies Waiting to be Set Free: If You Like Someone...Tell Them NOW!
This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template: Dora's Diary 1; by Dora Dominguez Carey 2014: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005;

✔©✔

✔©✔

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dora's Corner: Butterflies Waiting to be Set Free: If You Like Someone...Tell Them NOW!

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."

One of my college classmates was telling me of a recent event that has created quiet a quandary in her life of late.  She is seriously attracted to one of her other classmates.  The problem right away is the fact that they are of the same-gender; a fact that I see no problem with because as I told her: "love is love!"  I must admit that I rather enjoyed my conversation with her.  I loaned my advice only upon request.  I told her that the worst thing that could happen if she reached out to this person was that the person did not return the same affections, but at least she (my friend) would know the truth.  IMO, the unknown is often worse than the opposite.  Unrequited feelings is something that will probably bring angst to my college friend's life, but in due time, she will overcome and life will revert to normal.  Whatever that is this thing people dub "normal"!

I told her about the synopsis surrounding the love story about the butterflies.  A brief explanation...there once was a young man who liked this other young man, both in the same grade in high school, but he never had the guts to approach him because of being of the same-sex.  The first young man eventually graduated college and became a successful attorney (never married), but still he thought about the other young man.  One day, while the first young man (now a man in his early 30s) is waiting for his train to arrive at the depot, he spots his crush.  The other young man has turned into a dashing gentleman (also in his 30s), and is dressed quite debonair.  The first gentleman approaches the man who long captured his fancy, and it turns out that the second man also had an attraction to the first man.  I told my friend that I was not going to tell her the ending because it is not yet known...the two are still together and are very happy.
Bottom line, I told my college friend to just approach the other person, and go for it.  I told her to be mindful, respectful, and gentle.  If the feelings are not mutual, she needs to accept it, and whatever relationship is mutually attainable at that point.  But, to be ready to lose a friend in case the other person cannot accept such a revelation, and freaks out.  A true friend might freak, but will eventually return to the nice, safe domain of a true friendship if such ever did exist.  
Notwithstanding, if things do go well between my friend and her crush, upon certain feelings being exposed, then kudos to them both, and may they be as happy as butterflies no longer waiting to be set free.
Here is a link to a funny story I read a while ago: How to Tell if You Genuinely Like Someone

No comments:

Post a Comment