ONION TACOS: Book of D: Meghan Markle's Archetypes Podcast (Spotify)
This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template: Dora's Diary 1; by Dora Dominguez Carey 2014: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005;

✔©✔

✔©✔

Friday, February 24, 2023

Book of D: Meghan Markle's Archetypes Podcast (Spotify)

I have been following Meghan Markle's Archetypes podcast on Spotify for a while now. In fact, I recently embedded a link to it below in the footer of this blog. The podcast is really good. I highly recommend it. I also like Mayim Bialik's podcast, Breakdown. ⁠I will have to dedicate a post to Bialik's podcast soon and add a link via my blog (Breakdown also available on YouTube). But for now, I wanted to share brief commentary about Markle's podcast. First, let me start off by saying that I truly adore and admire this beautiful person, Markle. Whatever issues the British monarchy and British press (that I love to rename the "Fleet Street Enema") have with Markle and Prince Harry, well, that's on them. I love them both: #TeamHarryAndMeghan💙💙.

I'm no Tory nor an Anglophile, so matters related to the Brits are null and void with me and the royal family are personas non grata. Markle has been independent and autonomous for a long time and has pretty much marched to the beat of her own drum. She knew fame, wealth, philanthropy, and compassion way before she met Harry; in fact, I would add that it was her who saved Harry. She saved the prince from the antiquated and tyrannical throes and confinements of the Mountbatten-Windsor family. Tangent. My bad. Anyway, Markle's Archetypes hits on important topics that revolve around women's' issues these days. It hints at the misogyny and bigotry still ailing and degrading women (especially centered around BIPOC). When one searches for Markle's podcast, one of the captions associated with the description includes this: "Hosted by Meghan Markle, the podcast Archetypes discusses the labels and tropes that try to hold women back." That, folks, is saying it all in a nutshell. And speaking of nut, aren't you all (women, that is) tired of all the fucking tropes used towards women when men fail to understand us or get too intimidated by us. They use the trope, "nut," as a colorful and condescending way to change the subject and further degrade and stifle us. I am so glad that Markle includes the issue of labels and tropes in her podcast because it is not just patronizing, it is divisive and way overboard with microaggressions and bias. Anyway, my post today was not meant to get into too much detail about any one particular episode of Archetypes, although the one with Serena Williams (a.k.a. the first guest) was really good as was the one with my cousin from another dozen: Mariah Carey. Overall, I just appreciate what Markle is doing with her podcast by giving voice and power to the often muted and powerless. Power on, Meghan Markle. I got your six!
Sidebar Note: Bialik also talks about those "tropes" on her Breakdown episode ("Trauma Brought the Gift of Help") with guest, Anjelah Johnson-Reyes (Yes, that Anjelah from the "Nail Salon" bit fame). 

No comments:

Post a Comment