ONION TACOS: POETRY: THE COMPLETE POEMS: D.H. LAWRENCE
This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template: Dora's Diary 1; by Dora Dominguez Carey 2014: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005;

✔©✔

✔©✔

Friday, June 16, 2017

POETRY: THE COMPLETE POEMS: D.H. LAWRENCE

“You are the call and I am the answer,
You are the wish, and I the fulfillment,
You are the night, and I the day.
What else? it is perfect enough.
It is perfectly complete,
You and I,
What more⎼?
Strange, how we suffer in spite of this!”
D.H. Lawrence, The Complete Poems
“Nobody knows you.
You don't know yourself.
And I, who am half in love with you,
What am I in love with?
My own imaginings?”
D.H. Lawrence, The Complete Poems

“I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
D.H. Lawrence, The Complete Poems

No comments:

Post a Comment